Thursday, August 2, 2007

August Reading List

Having polished off 6 books during July, I thought I'd make a list of the books I intend reading during August. I don't expect to get through so many books now that the rush to get through Harry Potter has passed. After I finish my current book I'll be dedicating the rest of the month to catching up with various books for the Book Club Forum's reading circles.

First up will be Carmilla, by J Sheridan LeFanu. This is one of the books to be read for the Comparative Reading Circle we're doing; the other book is Dracula, which I read a couple of months ago. It looks like a relatively short read so it shouldn't take me too long to get through.

Following that will be Anne of Green Gables, by LM Montgomery. This has been chosen as the August book for the 'normal' reading circle. I've been wanting to read this for ages and I'm quite looking forward to it.

Following that, I'll try to get through Lady Chatterley's Lover by DH Lawrence. This one was July's reading circle choice, but because I was so caught up with Harry Potter I never got around to it. Luckily the circle is always open so I can read it whenever and post comments later. I could just let it pass by, but then I know I won't get around to reading it for years, so it's best that I read it while I have the motivation to do so!

I haven't been doing so well with the audio book of Peter Pan. I find it so much more difficult to listen to an audio book than to read a hard copy; I get too easily distracted. I'm thinking I might give up on the audio version and try reading the actual book later in the month (providing I get through the others I've listed above!)

No comments: