Thursday, January 3, 2008

Australian Challenge

The seventh challenge I'm going to undertake for 2008 is an Australian Challenge (AU). I've had a few of these books on my TBR pile for a while now and I think it's time to take the plunge! Considering Australian literature makes up a relatively small proportion of my total number of books, I've decided to set myself a target of 6 books for the year. About half of the books on the below list will also qualify for the Classics Challenge.

AU reading in 2008: (currently reading)
AB Facey: A Fortunate Life
May Gibbs: Snugglepot and Cuddlepie
Ruth Park: Playing Beatie Bow
Tim Winton: Breath
Markus Zusak: The Book Thief

TBR books that qualify for the AU challenge:
Note: Books in italics have been read.
Richard Butler: The Men that God Forgot (re-read)
Isobelle Carmody: Obernewtyn
Marcus Clarke: For the Term of His Natural Life (re-read)
Tom Collins: Such is Life
AB Facey: A Fortunate Life
Miles Franklin: My Brilliant Career
Robert Hughes: The Fatal Shore
Robin Klein: Hating Alison Ashley (re-read)
Joan Lindsay: Picnic at Hanging Rock
John Marsden: So Much to Tell You (re-read)
Sally Morgan: My Place
Ruth Park: Playing Beatie Bow (re-read)
Ruth Park: The Harp in the South (re-read)
Nevil Shute: A Town Like Alice
Judy Bernard-Waite: The Riddle of the Trumpalar (re-read)
Tim Winton: Cloudstreet

Other AU books I'd like to own and read:
Note: Books in italics have been bought.
Graeme Base: Animalia
Graeme Base: The Eleventh Hour
Geoffrey Blainey: A Short History of the World
David Malouf: Remember Babylon
Banjo Patterson: The Man from Snowy River
Tim Winton: Dirt Music
Markus Zusak: The Book Thief

No comments: