Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sci Fi/Fantasy Challenge

COMPLETE!

The sixth challenge I'm beginning in 2008 is a Sci Fi/Fantasy Challenge (SF). I've been sadly neglecting this genre in the last couple of years and I've left myself with a lot of catching up to do. I've decided to give myself a goal of 8 books to read during the year.

SF reading in 2008: (currently reading)
Margaret Atwood: Oryx and Crake
Arthur C Clarke & Gentry Lee: The Garden of Rama
Jasper Fforde: The Eyre Affair
Neil Gaiman: Neverwhere
Madeleine L'Engle: A Wrinkle in Time
CS Lewis: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
CS Lewis: Prince Caspian
Richard Matheson: I am Legend
Robert O'Brien: Z for Zachariah
Terry Pratchett: The Colour of Magic (Discworld #1)
Mary Shelley: Frankenstein


TBR books that qualify for the SF challenge (max 15 listed):
Note: Books in italics have been read.
Douglas Adams: The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide
Isaac Asimov: I, Robot
Isaac Asimov: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Jean M Auel: The Clan of the Cave Bear
Isobelle Carmody: Obernewtyn
Arthur C Clarke & Gentry Lee: The Garden of Rama
Jasper Fforde: The Eyre Affair
Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett: Good Omens
Julia Gray: Guardian Cycle #1: The Dark Moon
Frank Herbert: Dune
Terry Pratchett: The Colour of Magic (Discworld #1)
Steven Spielberg: Close Encounters of the Third Kind
JRR Tolkien: The Hobbit (re-read)
Jonathan Wylie: Island and Empire #1: The Last Augury
John Wyndham: The Chrysalids

Other SF books I'd like to own and read:
Note: Books in italics have been bought.
Ray Bradbury: The Martian Chronicles
Michael Ende: The Never Ending Story
Jasper Fforde: First Among Sequels
Stanislaw Lem: The Futurological Congress
John Wyndham: Chocky

No comments: