Sunday, September 2, 2007

September Reading List

August was a pretty good reading month for me. Not only did I manage to get through Carmilla, Peter Pan, Lady Chatterley's Lover and Peter Pan, but I also had time to read Diary of a Nobody by George Grossmith, The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham and Emma by Jane Austen. A good month!

This month, I'll be reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell for the September Reading Circle at the Book Club Forum. I'm only a few pages in and having trouble committing myself to it, but I'm hoping to sit down and get a good bit of reading in today. I've read so many rave reviews about this book; I hope it lives up to the hype! Being a fairly chunky book, I expect it will take me a couple of weeks to read, so I won't have expectations for such a prolific reading month this time 'round.

After Cloud Atlas, I intend reading Bill Bryson's A Walk in the Woods (something tells me I'll need a light read after Cloud Atlas), and then I may follow it up with either The Small Assassin by Ray Bradbury, or Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (or both if I have time!).

Update 9 September: I recently found out that September 13 is Roald Dahl Day, so I have decided to honour his birthday and his life by reading one of his books on that day. I'll probably go for Danny, The Champion Of The World. I have this on my shelf but have never read it before! Maybe I'll try to squeeze in The Twits or George's Marvellous Medicine before that. Then again, I haven't read Matilda or The BFG in ages. So many wonderful books to choose from!

1 comment:

Starcrazed said...

Roald Dahl is absolutely just wonderful! Having lots of fun reading your reviews - can't wait to see what you think about A Walk in the Woods :) I personally loved it, it made me want to go on a hike together with Bryson :)

Lisa
www.ebookcrescent.com