Thursday, March 6, 2008

BTT: But, Enough About Books




(From 7 February 2008): What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time?
I'm generally a homebody and don't like to go out much. I love staying home and watching DVDs and reading. I occasionally get stuck into doing mosaics. I usually have a specific project in mind, such as a table, and they end up taking months to do so I don't do them too often (plus the materials are expensive).

When I do venture outdoors I love bushwalking. Nothing beats spending a beautiful day in the Australian bush. I also love going for drives to small country towns or just driving for the sake of driving (in rural areas, never cities). And tracking down secondhand bookshops that I've never been to before.

I'm also in the SES (State Emergency Service). I joined about 6 months ago and I love it. It generally takes up 2-3 hours per week for training and I've spent quite a lot of time out at operations already (storm damage mostly). I've been learning heaps and met a great bunch of people. So despite being a homebody and not generally very sociable, the SES has turned that around for me a bit :)

No comments: