Sunday, March 16, 2008

Recently Acquired Books and Books Added to Wish List

I bought the following books on Friday. There's a bookshop near my train station that sells new books very cheaply. It's a very addictive shop - every time I go in there lately I've come out with at least half a dozen books.

John Banville: The Sea
Alex Garland: The Beach
Henry James: What Maisie Knew
John Steinbeck: The Red Pony
Evelyn Waugh: Brideshead Revisited
Thornton Wilder: The Bridge of San Luis Rey

Unfortunately none of these books were on my mile-long wish list, but they've been in the back of mind for a while so it doesn't matter. I've also added a few more books to my wish list.

Kyril Bonfiglioli: The Mortdecai Trilogy
Aldous Huxley: Brave New World Revisited
Dorothy Parker: The Portable Dorothy Parker
David Sedaris: Naked

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are a couple on that list I quite fancy myself. Hope you enjoy them all.

On a separate note, you've been tagged:
http://kellsmurthwaite.wordpress.com/2008/03/16/ive-been-tagged-2/