Monday, February 11, 2008

BTT: May I Introduce...




(From 10 January 2008): 1. How did you come across your favorite author(s)? Recommended by a friend? Stumbled across at a bookstore? A book given to you as a gift? Was it love at first sight? Or did the love affair evolve over a long acquaintance?

I have come across some of my favourite authors through recommendations by others. Because I read a lot of classics, they're more or less a recommendation unto themselves. I came across one of my favourite fantasy authors by accident (indeed, he's pretty much the only fantasy author I read). I was spending a bored lunchtime in a school library when I randomly plucked a book off the shelf and began reading. I was hooked from the first page and now own every book written by this author - Jonathan Wylie (most of which I haven't gotten around to reading yet!)

Another favourite author of mine is John Marsden, who wrote the incredible Tomorrow series, which is aimed at young adults. I was given the first book to read for English class when I was about 13. That book was then part of a trilogy but it then grew to 10 books. I was also hooked from the first page of that one and have become the proud owner of each successive novel within days of it being released. These 10 books are among the most frequently re-read of all my books - I love to re-read the entire series at least every 2 years.

No comments: