Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bookish Articles

Interesting article from the NY Times about the roles that books play in our relationships.

Long live the semi-colon! The world would be a poorer place without them. I do my part in keeping them alive when I'm proofreading papers.

And here's an article about a previously unpublished (and incomplete) manuscript by Alexandre Dumas (author of the brilliant The Count of Monte Cristo) called The Last Cavalier. It was completed by a French scholar named Claude Schopp and published in France; it became an instant best-seller. I think it'll be published in English some time this year. If you follow the links, the first 6 chapters have been posted online. I'll look forward to reading this when it's published in full!

And here's a cute Rights of the Reader poster, illustrated by Quentin Blake. I've printed it out and hung it on my desk at work. I'm such a nerd :)

No comments: